posted by Josh Goodman
* Wisconsin Republican Mark Green has a folksy video in which he answers important questions, including these:
Q: What do you think about illegal immigration? A: It's illegal.
Q: Should we have tollbooths in Wisconsin? A: Only for Illinois drivers.
Q: You want a brat[wurst]? A: Sure.
Green also reveals his favorite color, but I warn you, it's anticlimactic.
* Reveals California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in an audio message to supporters: "I have never been able to accomplish anything in life without a lot of help."
* A fundraiser for New York Republican John Faso featured none other than Henry Kissinger. There's no word as to whether Democrat Eliot Spitzer will respond with a rally that includes Adlai Stevenson.
More yummy spam after the jump!
* Wondering if Democrats are trying to nationalize state elections this year? Well, Wisconsin Governor Jim Doyle and Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm are both promoting stem cell research. Maryland's Martin O'Malley, Mike Beebe of Arkansas and Massachusetts' Chris Gabrieli are all talking about the minimum wage. It just so happens that the two hottest topics in Congress this summer have been stem cell research and the minimum wage.
* Oregon independent Ben Westlund has a MySpace page that was designed by a 14-year-old volunteer, but it has a surprising lack of OMGs. He also has a strangely hilarious ad (see "Ben is handsome") that features his 13-year-old daughter. Alas, few elections have been won by targeting the middle school demographic.
* Alabama Democrat Lucy Baxley is trying to find some room to the right of Governor Bob Riley, suggesting that property tax assessments occur once every four years, instead of annually.
* For the all politics is local file: New Hampshire Republican Jim Coburn is criticizing Governor John Lynch for not doing enough to ensure that the state remains right behind Iowa in the presidential nominating calendar.
Photo via Flickr, from jbenson2.